FRAM High Mileage
For Vehicles Over 75,000 Miles
- Industry exclusive, patented time-released gel additive conditions oil through the entire change cycle
- Gel additives balance oil PH and maintain viscosity
- Ideal for older engines that are more susceptible to oil break-down
- Uses cellulose and synthetic glass blended media to provide 3X MORE engine protection than the average of leading economy oil filters1
- 95% Dirt Trapping Efficiency1
Advanced Oil Filter Media Gives FRAM The Advantage
With an ideal balance of dirt-trapping efficiency and dirt-holding capacity, every FRAM oil filter uses a special blend of fibers and resin providing a proprietary filter media that delivers excellent engine protection.
- The most commonly used filter media is cellulose, which is a natural material that presents a random and irregular field of fibers to the oil. By itself, it can only deliver about 80% dirt-trapping efficiency.
- By adding microscopic synthetic fibers, small windows are created that trap the smaller dirt particles without affecting the flow of oil. Blending synthetic fibers with cellulose increases a filterā??s dirt-trapping efficiency and its dirt-holding capacity for higher levels of engine protection and longer filter life.