Are you looking for a guide on how to make intake sound louder? If so, then you’ve come to the right place! This blog post will discuss how to make your car’s intake sound louder. We will discuss an air intake system, its benefits, and various ways to upgrade or modify it to get that roaring engine sound. We’ll also talk about understanding mufflers and resonators, choosing the right air filter for your vehicle, and common mistakes when installing an aftermarket intake manifold. So if you’re ready to revive on making your car’s intake sound louder- let’s dive in!
What's in this post?
What is an Air Intake System?
Before we dive into the answer “how to make intake sound louder,” let’s learn about the terms.
An air intake system is part of a vehicle’s engine that brings air into the combustion chamber.
It typically comprises several components, including an air cleaner, mass airflow sensor (MAF), throttle body, and intake manifold.
Depending on your engine configuration, you may also have components such as a cold-air intake or short-ram intake.
There are two main types of air intake systems: single plane and dual plane. Single plane intakes pull in air from a single source. In contrast, dual plane intakes have two separate sources of air being pulled in simultaneously.
Generally speaking, dual-plane intakes are more efficient at providing airflow than single-plane intakes.
Benefits of Installing an Air Intake System
Installing an air intake system has several advantages, including improved engine performance and fuel economy.
The increased airflow allows for more efficient combustion, resulting in greater horsepower, torque, and acceleration.
Replacing the stock air filter with a high-flow aftermarket can improve your engine’s overall performance.
How to Make Your Car’s Intake Sound Louder
Below is the guide on how to make intake sound louder, most of which involves upgrading or modifying the parts of the air intake system. Here are some of the most popular options:
Upgrade the Exhaust System
One of the common ways of “how to make intake sound louder” is to upgrade the exhaust system.
Replacing the stock exhaust with a high-performance one effectively makes your car’s intake sound louder. High-performance exhaust systems are designed to reduce backpressure, which helps increase airflow and engine performance while producing a deeper and more aggressive tone.
- They are also usually made of higher-quality materials, so they can last longer and perform better than stock systems.
- If you want an even louder sound, you can opt for a cat-back exhaust system or a muffler delete pipe.
Although installing an aftermarket exhaust is simple, it’s recommended to seek the help of a professional if you need clarification on what you’re doing. This will guarantee that your exhaust is correctly installed and working as it should.
Install Cold-Air Intakes and Short-Ram Intakes
If you’re looking for “how to make intake sound louder“, cold air and short ram intakes are great options. Cold air intakes draw in cooler, denser air outside the engine bay, while short ram intakes pull air from within the engine bay.
- These intakes can help increase your vehicle’s power and fuel efficiency and provide a deeper sound when you open the throttle. They also look great under the hood and are relatively easy to install.
- Cold air intakes often come with an air filter, so choose one designed to fit your vehicle and provide the necessary filtration.
- Additionally, you may need to purchase an adapter to install a short ram intake, as they only sometimes directly fit onto your engine.
If you need more clarification about installing the intakes, it’s better to seek assistance from a professional. They can help you with proper installation and ensure all connections are correct. Also, here are some suggetion if you are asking yourself what cold air intake should I get?
Change the Air Filter
Changing your vehicle’s air filter is an easy and cost-effective way when you’re searching for “how to make intake sound louder” without making any major modifications. A high-performance aftermarket filter can improve airflow and provide a deeper, throatier engine sound when opening the throttle.
- When choosing an air filter, make sure to get one that is designed specifically for your vehicle. This will ensure that it fits properly and provides the necessary filtration.
- Additionally, check the manufacturer’s instructions on how often you should change the filter – typically every 15,000 to 30,000 miles.
If you’re unsure, it’s best to seek the help of a professional when installing a new air filter. Although it’s simple, a professional can ensure the filter is installed and working correctly.
Replace or Upgrade Your Muffler
Replacing or upgrading your vehicle’s muffler is another great way to make your intake sound louder. Mufflers are designed to reduce engine noise and are usually made of steel, stainless steel, or aluminum with various designs and patterns.
- Replacing the stock muffler with a high-performance aftermarket one can provide your engine a deep, throaty sound. It can also help increase performance and fuel efficiency.
- Additionally, some aftermarket mufflers come with removable baffles or inserts that allow you to adjust the sound level of your exhaust system easily.
Installing an aftermarket muffler is relatively straightforward, but it’s always best to consult a professional if you need clarification. They can help ensure your muffler is installed properly and functioning correctly.
Install an Exhaust Cutout
Another way in “how to make intake sound louder” is to install a cutout. An exhaust cutout is a great way to make your car’s intake sound louder without replacing the entire exhaust system. It is a valve that can be easily opened or closed depending on how loud you want your engine to sound.
- When open, it allows more air and fuel to enter the exhaust system for a deeper, more aggressive sound. When closed, it operates like a regular muffler to reduce engine noise and increase fuel efficiency.
- Installing an aftermarket exhaust cutout is relatively easy. Still, you should consult a professional if you need clarification on the process, as they can ensure everything is connected correctly and functioning properly.
Install a Throttle Body Spacer
A throttle body spacer is an aftermarket part that can be easily installed on your vehicle to increase airflow and make your engine’s intake sound louder. It adds space between the throttle body and the engine, allowing more air to enter the intake manifold. This can result in a deeper, throatier sound and improved performance.
- When choosing a throttle body spacer, make sure to get one that’s designed for your vehicle’s make and model. Additionally, you may need an adapter to install it properly.
- Installing a throttle body spacer is relatively easy. Still, it’s always best to consult a professional if you need more clarification. They can make sure that everything is connected correctly and functioning properly.
To conclude, how to make intake sound louder is a common question among car enthusiasts. Several options are available, most of which involve upgrading or modifying the parts of the air intake system.
Common Mistake When Installing an Aftermarket Intake Manifold
Installing aftermarket intake manifolds can be a great way to make your car’s intake sound louder.
However, it is important to ensure the installation process is done correctly.
- One common mistake when installing an aftermarket intake manifold is not ensuring all connections are properly tightened and sealed. Check all hose clamps and bolts for tightness; even a small leak can affect performance. Additionally, make sure that all hoses and wires are connected correctly.
- Another common mistake is not following the manufacturer’s instructions for installation. Make sure to read through the instructions carefully before attempting any modifications or installing any parts.
- Also, remember not to leave the old parts lying around – dispose of them in an environmentally friendly manner! This will help keep your engine running smoothly and reduce the amount of pollutants in the air.
- Finally, check your local regulations before making any changes to your vehicle’s intake system, as many areas have laws restricting how loud a car can be on public roads. This will help you avoid any potential fines or legal issues.
FAQs about How to Make Intake Sound Louder
Q: Is there any other ways how to make intake sound louder?
A: Yes, there are other ways to make your intake sound louder. These include changing the air filter, replacing or upgrading the muffler, installing an exhaust cutout, and installing a throttle body spacer.
Q: Do I need to consult a professional when making these modifications?
A: Yes, it is always best to consult a professional when modifying your vehicle’s intake system. They can help ensure that everything is installed and functioning correctly.
Q: What should I consider before making these modifications?
A: Before making any modifications, read through the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and check your local regulations for any restrictions. Additionally, remember not to leave old parts lying around – dispose of them in an environmentally friendly manner.
How to make intake sound louder is a common question for car enthusiasts and mechanics alike. Several modifications can be made to the engine, exhaust system, or intake manifold to increase the sound and performance of your vehicle. Cold-air, short-ram intakes, replacing or upgrading your muffler, installing an exhaust cutout, and installing a throttle body spacer are all good options.
Additionally, it’s important to remember that proper installation and maintenance of the modifications are essential for optimal performance. Check your local regulations before making any changes, as many areas have laws regarding how loud a car can be on public roads. With these tips in mind, you should have no problem reviving your car and sounding its best.